Saturday, March 21, 2015

Start of the Year - Day 7 "Getting ready for the big party tomorrow"

I Spent a good chunck of this morning (Saturday) at the guest house because I had so many things to do.  But it was good to not have to leave at 7:15 and to have time to think and work on organising my brain :-)

I then spent the rest of the day at the office where Elton & Linson were screen printing some T-shirts. The Alpha party is tomorrow and all the missionaries and student leaders were working hard to get ready!

Lillian was out with different girls (student leaders) buying groceries and bringing them to the office (what would we do without an office?).

Greg was working with our music team (called the Trail Blazers) at our old office - they were practicing some songs for tomorrow night.  They're also getting ready to play for our Easter Conference in 2 weeks.
Elton & Linson putting silk on the frame.

The purpose of the party tomorrow is to invite all the first-year students to come hear about Student Life and to meet all our returning students. With the response we've been having with the first year students, we could have 100!

So, Elton & Linson were printing up 22 special T-shirts for all the Movement Builders (what we call the discipleship group leaders). This way, all the first-year students can visually see who the Movement Builders are.  We'll be watching to find those who are the most keen to join a group.

I didn't really help much, except to cheer them on (which they probably didn't need cheering :-/).  I got them some water once and I took off twice in a taxi to do errands for them.  I took went to exchange our empty gas bottle with a full one - which turned out to be a lot harder than expected - because they are going to provide sausages for all the students.
Linson Printing the front of the shirt

It was great fun just to be with them! 

I also wanted to post a picture of their planning wall (white board), but I forgot to take one - maybe I'll come back and add it later (it was impressive).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let us know what you think of what we just wrote.