Sunday, June 15, 2014

PNG Milne Bay Day 13: "Last Things!"

Our last day in Milne Bay has been full of "last things."  We had our last church service here and said good-by to the church as a whole. (Part of the good-by was singing two songs up front...the first of which I didn't know the tried to fake the words!)

We had our last "team time," when,as a mission team, we got to debrief our time here, and had our final discussion on the book:  The Finishers, (in which we talked about serving God out of gratitude for His grace.)

In the evening, we had a farewell party with the youth group at the church.  Both the church youth leader and our own group directed games.  (And we came away with great, new ideas!)  We ended with a sideshow of our time here, and then good-bys were said.  Dan and I were presented with beautiful Milne Bay necklaces.  (Mine was presented to me by Angela...the lady with the umbrella!)

We took our final walk back to the SIL guest house.  (My feet are glad of this!)  Tomorrow we leave for Port Moresby at 4:30 am.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing the highlights of each day--they are the first things I read when I get into school.So inspiring--puts all the 'worries' of my day into perspective. Praying for safe journey to Port Moresby. Praising God for the amazing time you have had, and for the lives God has touched through you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an amazing trip - though the thought of bathing in a river makes me shiver at the moment! Have to keep reminding myself it's warm where you are :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Rachel, it's "warm" here (27-30 C). And the river is cool, but not cold - very refreshing!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please let us know what you think of what we just wrote.