Monday, June 9, 2014

PNG Milne Bay Day 7: "Veronica!"

After our church people had gathered for their training session, we paired them up with our student
Demonstrating with a kind lady
mission team members for an afternoon of sharing the gospel in the community.


I had two church ladies with me.  After demonstrating sharing the gospel with the first lady we met, I let the other ladies' have a turn.  The three of us approached Veronica.  

Veronica was selling cigarettes along the road.  She was sitting with two small children and her young sister, Rose.    Veronica was the picture of despair...limp posture, sad eyes, still a young woman, but without hope.  She was very willing to talk with us.  Her eyes filled with tears as we shared to gospel and she invited Christ into her heart.  We prayed with her and for her.  (It seems she's having difficulty with her husband.)  Her sister, Rose, also invited Jesus into her life.

Veronica's circumstances broke my heart...I wish I could change them for her.  I wish I could be around longer to make sure she keeps understanding the eternal hope and love that's now hers.  I have to rest on the truth that the Holy Spirit can now work in her life and change and heal Veronica from the inside out...and keep praying for her.  We left her with a copy of the Jesus Film DVD...and hopefully my two church ladies will visit with her some more!

PS  I met Margery (one of my church ladies and sharing partner) later, and she was beaming and bubbling over.  It seems she went home and shared with her friends and family, and was filled with joy at what God was doing.  Amazing!

1 comment:

  1. So lovely that God led you to Veronica and Rose. So exciting that the church ladies could see the positive impact of the Message.
    I love this verse 1Thess 5:24 Faithful is He who calls you, and He also will bring it to pass.

    ReplyDelete

Please let us know what you think of what we just wrote.