Thursday, April 2, 2015

PNG Easter Conference Day 3: "Oops!"

Do you ever wonder why things don't go smoothly?  I think maybe it's a safety-check for us to realize that "God is God...and we are not."  Anyway, here are some examples of some "safety-checks":

Dan's view from back of truck
Paul, an older man on our CCC PNG ministry board, offered to give us a ride in his truck to get all the music sound equipment and instruments to our new office so that the students could practice.  There were only two seats in the cab, but the sun was really beating down on the back...so I suggested that Paul, Dan, and I all squish into the cab.  They humoured me.   The result was, there was a police check up the street a ways.  Paul pulled over and had Dan climb in the back.  It seems PNG is now serious about seat belts.  (However, they don't mind people riding in the open back of a truck.)  Unfortunately, the police saw our little manuver and Paul got a ticket.  I didn't know about the rule.  Those polite men (Dan and Paul) didn't tell me.  And yes, we did pay Paul back.  Oops.

Paul and Dan modelling our sunglasses "giveaway" for the conference
A couple of recent graduates who were going to teach some of our training seminars have pulled out.  Oops. This leaves holes that need to be filled by our team. 

I think that when I mess up or life gets complicated and I say, "I can't..." - God says, "Ah, at last.  She gets it.  She can't, but I can."  And then He makes beautiful things happen.

We worked again on T-shirts today...This time Dan took a photo!





 

3 comments:

  1. I love your perspective. And the fact that police only care about seat belts for people who are in actual seats makes me laugh. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You write a great narrative, Kaylynn - interesting, fun and inspiring :-) Lynette

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed catching up on all the postings. You have had an amazing time. I hope the day's break was good!

    ReplyDelete

Please let us know what you think of what we just wrote.