Saturday, February 3, 2018

Feb. 2018 Adventure in PNG - Days 1-3: "Back in the Saddle Again!"

Here I am...back in our "home away from home."  The Mapang Missionary Guest House feels familiar and the the hosts are so welcoming.  I've only walked into the wrong room once!  (There are several rooms along a corridor, all of which we've stayed in at one time or another.  Automatic pilot is a dangerous setting for me around here.  Fortunately, the darkened room I burst into had a man  looking at his phone while listening to something through his earphones. Someone else was snoring away.  I quickly and quietly whisked the door shut, berating myself for not paying attention.  I think I got away undetected...at least no one confronted me the next morning.  Sheesh!)

Being with our staff is such a blessing.  It's reassuring to see them clinging to their faith, taking on responsibilities that take them out of their comfort zone, and bravely moving forward.  There are so many things that could derail them, but God has faithfully kept them, nurtured them, and is growing them to be beautiful men and women of God.

Part of our job is a lot like ironing.  Wrinkles appear, whether it be in relationships, paperwork, or finances, etc., and we attempt to smooth things out through prayer, and God's grace and truth.  I've come to the conclusion that only by God's grace and miraculous power can we be used to have any lasting effect.  This is very freeing because if I compare myself to the other missionaries staying at this guest house, I feel under-qualified and a bit lacking.  If I stick to looking at God, I do much better. 

 

1 comment:

Please let us know what you think of what we just wrote.