Sunday, April 28, 2019

PNG Easter Conference Trip: "Dark and Light!"

There seems to be an increase in violence in Port Moresby.  There have been several snatchings of young girls just recently.  The motive seems to be organ harvesting.  

We heard gunshots not too far away today.

I don't know why evil surprises me, but it does.  After all, we're living in the domain of darkness where Satan rules.

When confronted with darkness, all those verses about "light" in the Bible thrill my soul.  Col. 1:12-13 - We share in the inheritance of the saints in light. We're transferred from the domain of darkness to the kingdom of His beloved Son.  Jn. 8:12  "...I am the light of the world;  he who follows Me shall not walk in the darkness, but shall have the light of life."

Then another favorite verse:  "You are from God, little children, and have overcome them; because greater is He who is in you then he who is in the world."  (1 Jn. 4:4)  I like this verse.  I like being called a little child and being reassured that God is bigger than the evil one.   Sometimes in the madness, that fact helps me not depair.  It gives me confidence that we're in the right job.           

1 comment:

  1. This makes me really sad! I hate that our staff have to live in that environment! Blessings to you both! We miss you.

    ReplyDelete

Please let us know what you think of what we just wrote.