Sunday, September 9, 2012

Day 1: Off to PNG!

I feel such a stick-in-the-mud!  It's always a wrench on my heart to pack and leave home...but adventure awaits!  The most difficult leg of our journey to Port Moresby is wheeling our suitcases up our STEEP right-of-way (shared driveway) to catch the shuttle for the airport at 3 a.m.  I was reading Caleb a book about a train yesterday and was struggling a bit with the sound effects.  If he could have heard me dragging my suitcase up the hill, it would have been a perfect imitation of huffing and puffing!

Dan and I are in the Brisbane airport awaiting our final leg to Port Moresby.  We are loaded down with chocolate bars, books, and letters for our staff there...as well as anticipation to see them in person and hear how they and the ministry are fairing. 
I wonder what I forgot to pack!


5 comments:

  1. Dan and Kaylynn, I'm looking at Dan's picture on the blog right now. Dan is sitting in the Brisbane Airport with his laptop, hard at work. It occured to me that I was looking at a man who has devoted his life to serving Christ in full time ministry with Campus Crusade for Christ. Wow, you are doing it! When Vivian and I agreed to join your team over 30 years ago, we had no idea you would be committed for so long. We are thrilled that you have been building the kingdom of God in this way all these years and we are very pleased that we could play a small part in helping. God Bless you, your family and your team as you move forward in His service. We sure do appreciate all your hard work. Sincerely in Christ, Larry and Vivian Doyle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending you prayers for safe travels (and more muscles Kaylyn) Know how hard it is to leave family behind, but you guys are building the Kingdom for eternity for families. Well done. Take care and God bless. Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am looking forward to reading about your adventures. Kathryn sent me your blog spot. I am praying for you, Blessings, Millie Mansfield

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can sympathise with the walk up the driveway. I was huffing and puffing like that last Friday when I carried up two rubbish bags which I'm sure must have been full of bricks! Looking forward to reading your blogs and what is happening in PNG. Jayden is very intrigued by seeing you on the computer and he says hello :) Love from the Greys and the Stanyons.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for blogging - will be fun to keep up with your happenings. You're #1 Kaylynn! LOL! A coule of weeks ago, I put crescent rolls in the oven along with a roast. The following week I was looking for a certain pan and couldn't find it. When I went to put the bacon in the oven on a different pan, there were the crescent rolls on my pan! I had taken the roast out and never thought of them again! Our stories make for great laughs! Enjoy and thank you for your continued service in Jesus' name!

    ReplyDelete

Please let us know what you think of what we just wrote.