Monday, September 10, 2012

Day 2: Settling In!


Here we are at Mapang Guest House.  I don't know what missionaries used to do before, but I'm glad to be here at this point in history when this place is invented... enjoying the meals provided, hot showers, and internet.  There's a sitting room with comfortable chairs that we've used to meet the staff as a group yesterday, and this morning we had another meeting with a promising young man who maybe wants to join our PNG staff team here.  Yahoo!



The only drawback to staying here is that there are multiple rooms down a hallway...and if you come here enough you have experienced being in a number of them.  My embarrassing confession to you today is that I've walked into the same wrong room twice already.  (Luckily nobody was in there changing clothes or anything!)  Dan made me repeat our room number to him out loud a couple of times to get it firmly lodged in my head!  (It's room # 1 for Pete's sake!)  Oh well...God even uses the absent-minded! 


I had a wonderful time with Eva while Dan did computery stuff at her house.  Thanks for keeping her in your prayers.  She's a remarkable woman and I admire and love her.  She's trusting God, but misses her George!

1 comment:

  1. That's a great picture of Mom! You guys and the island staff are so good together. =)

    ReplyDelete

Please let us know what you think of what we just wrote.