Thursday, June 20, 2013

PNG Mission Project Day 10: DVD distribution

This morning in our group Quiet Time (focusing on being with God), we looked at Eph 1:3-14, and we used A.C.T.S again as a guide - it went very well - we all prayed, and we truly were of one voice enjoying God's presence :-)  Hopefully these times every morning will help the students & staff to meet with God every day.

Today 35 of us (our project + 17 church people; see photo) went out to all the homes as far as we could walk to distribute about 350 Jesus Film DVDs. We started at about 9:30 am and kept going 'til about 3:00.  We wandered all around - I was so lost - I'm glad I went with Lister & Michael (see photos; Michael has the beard) as they guided me.  My feet are killing me & I'm physically drained, but I'm emotionally uplifted!  It was so exciting - the time went fast - we saw God working :-) 

As soon as the 3 of us left the compound at the start, God urged me to share with a group of guys sitting along the street.  I handed 8 of my Knowing God Personally booklets out and as I did, the group grew to about 12. Then it started raining... hard! We all got drenched & the KGP booklets got soggy!  But none of the guys ever moved.  Of all the guys in the group, I know 2 prayed, But I assume others did also by the way they acted. It was quite fun... but exhausting.   Over the full 5+ hours, I personally shared the Gospel 5 times and saw 6 people come to Christ - I'm including photos of Ome (he & I with kids) and Moses (being talked to at first by Lister) who both prayed & received Christ with me! I also led a back-sliden man (who was friends with Michael) to be filled with the Spirit.  The 3 of us saw 11 people come to Christ,  and we gave away 33 DVDs.

Our whole group (of 35) shared with 172 people with 112 people committing their lives to Christ!!

This is our 6th day in Hisiu, and tomorrow's our last full day.  It's been great, but I'm getting tired of sand - it's everywhere - in the tent, in my bed, and embedded in my soap from being dropped during my "shower". But it's only a minor nuisance, as are my glasses that have been dirty for several days now. And as is what happened this afternoon after we got back (before dinner) - it rained so hard that it broke the roof over our tents and water crashed down - so now everything is soaked. But... as Paul said in 2 Cor 4:17 "... for this light momentary affliction is producing for us an eternal weight of glory far beyond all comparison!"

Thanks for praying! Please pray for good conversations today & tomorrow with the students (challenging all the final year students to join our staff).   Thanks - it's a joy to share this trip with you!

1 comment:

  1. Now that's a productive day! God bless all those seeds that were planted!

    ReplyDelete

Please let us know what you think of what we just wrote.