Saturday, September 21, 2013

PNG (Sept.) Day 9: "What the...?"

Hey, I though this was a 10-day trip!  Now I realise that it's 12 days.  How'd that happen?

This hasn't been such a triumphant day.  I had just determined in my QT that I need to work on choosing joy.  It's a choice.  Choosing joy means I don't doubt God's ability or His love for me.  Joy is the natural response when my view of God is correct.  Otherwise, I let circumstances choose whether I'll be joyful or not.  So the last couple of days...no problem choosing correctly.

BUT - today went all catywampus...and so did my joy.  I guess dashed hopes and plans really have an ability to make me loose sight of who God is. So once again, I slowly turn my head from circumstances, to my God.  I acknowlege how big God is, and how much He loves me and those I care about...and whose ministry this really is:  His, not mine.  Joy is beginning to trickle, but boy to I have some growing to do is this area!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let us know what you think of what we just wrote.