Saturday, February 23, 2013

PNG (Feb) Day 5: The Alpha Party

What a big day we had today getting ready for the Alpha Party without power and with rain most of the day (~6 hours).  God was faithful as He helped everyone involved - and He stopped the rain 30 minutes before the start time!  I went to the hall 3 hours early & it was great to see so many students working on setting up & decorating :-)

And the Alpha Party was a great success!  We had 22 new students come (~18 were 1st year students).  And they all wanted to join a discipleship group!

For me, it was most exciting to see our staff take charge and shepherd these new students - introducing them to their new Discovery Group leaders (7-8 new groups added)!

I've included a few pictures, but since I'm posting via my phone, I can't position them or add captions. There are 3 photos that show our staff incorporating the new students.  Please ask me if it's hard to figure out what a photo is showing. Thanks for praying!

Dan

1 comment:

Please let us know what you think of what we just wrote.