Tuesday, February 26, 2013

PNG (Feb) Day 8: A great day with my PNG friends!

What a great time we had this morning discussing how the ministry has been going, what corrections we needed to make and planning the next 5 weeks until I return before Easter (this is my last day here).  All the staff were here at my "house" except for Elton who had to be at the university (UPNG) today.

We did many things and tried not to labour too long on any one topic. Sorry, no pictures (they would have been boring anyway).

As I have been seeing all week, the new staff were taking responsibility and owning the ministry - this absolutely thrills me - they are men & women whom God is going to use mightily to reach this extremely diverse country!

After our time together, Jasmine, Lily and I walked down to a local fried chicken fast food (KMC) for "lunch" - at 3:30 :-) While eating my chicken, I saw the local wildlife scurrying from behind a storage box - 2 (or 3) little mice darting out, grabbing a piece of food from under the tables, and zipping back to "base". It was quite humorous :-)

I am attaching a picture - it's a sign found in the bathroom here in the local "pidgin" language. You should be able to figure it out, but I'll post the translation tomorrow anyway.

I head home tomorrow - it's been a satisfying 8 days - can't wait to see Kaylynn & the kids!

1 comment:

  1. It was fun reading this sign - I got a pretty good sense of what it said. =) I showed it to Raewyn at the office and not only could she read it, but she knew exactly where it was having seen the sign herself in Mapang! =)

    ReplyDelete

Please let us know what you think of what we just wrote.