Thursday, February 28, 2013

PNG (Feb) Day 9: Flying home

It's exciting coming home to see Kaylynn & the family, but it's sad to leave our PNG friends. It is so much fun to see our national staff stepping out and seeing God work through them in the lives of the students @ UPNG. But they are the ones whom God has called to be there full-time. I'm just thrilled to be able to be a part of what God is doing there!

I went with Eva to the computer shop & then to her house on the way to the airport in the morning to do some last minute tweaks to her computer (so she can get her email).

Here are 2 pictures taken as I was headed into Immigration leaving PNG (one of Eva & one of me).

And here's a picture of the Virgin Australian plane that I was on from PNG to Brisbane (I love the way they light it up).

Oh, it was raining in Brisbane and shortly after we took off for Auckland, the plane dropped a significant amount (everyone's heads popped up in the air in front of me), and continued to drop for 8-10 seconds!  I had never seen that before, and I assume not many in the plane had because it got very quiet in there. :-)

And speaking of quiet (or not so), I have an app on my phone that produces a very loud sound of an airplane taking off whenever I get within range of cell towers nearby.   It's great fun when I'm driving to the airport...  but it went off after we landed just as everyone was standing quietly waiting for the front door to open!  Oh my, I was trying to ignore it as everyone was looking around to see where the sound was coming from :-\   Kaylynn said later, "I didn't have to pretend not to notice you."

I've also included a picture of the full sign that I posted a portion of yesterday.

Thanks for praying for PNG!  Until next trip...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let us know what you think of what we just wrote.