Saturday, February 15, 2014

PNG/Aussie Project - Day 12: "Happy Valentine's Day"

[Today (Friday) is Day 10 of 12 for the Aussies]

Happy Valentines Day!

This morning I went to campus to meet Ume, and first year student who we shared Christ with  last Friday.  I have talked with him a few times and texted, but this was the first followup meeting.  Last night I sent Ume a text saying that I hoped to be on campus between 10 and 12 and maybe we could meet then - he said sure, and that he'd let me know what time would be the best.  Then this morning I received this text first thing: "Morning.. happy valentines and have an awesome day.. cheers!!"

We have been practicing MAWLing (see Day 8) which means that we don't do anything alone.  We always want someone with us who, after watching us model several times, will eventiually do the same thing on their own.  So Isaac & I went... but we but couldn't find him.  :-(

He tried to call me around 8:30, but was cut off before he could say much.  I tried to call him but couldn't get through (I still can't).  I suspect that his phone died and he couldn't let me know (my number was in his phone).  I looked for him, but couldn't find him.  I'll keep trying - on Monday.  It's really strange, and it's strange why he didn't text me after topping up his phone (unless his phone was stolen).

=================================================================

Yesterday 4 of us guys went to the mall and bought flowers & chocolates & shirts for all the girls.  We had to sneak them into the room without them seeing , cut the ends of the flowers off and put them in water (I stored them on the floor behind my bed).


Practicing our song for the ladies!

 We wrote new lyrics to a popular song and sang it for the ladies.  We didn't get to practice until after the dinner bell rang, so we ended up coming about 15 minutes late to dinner.  


When we preformed it, parts of it were butchered, but most of the lyrics were understood and the girls were giggling and laughing the whole time.  Here are some pictures of the girls afterwards (I have a video, but can't upload it from here due to weak Internet).  It was great & lots of fun!
Susan & Eva
Eva & Lillian (staff)








Shei & Danika!

Shei, Adelyn, Heidi & Naomi









=================================================================
We had our last PNG team meeting tonight and it was so good!  The staff & students talked about how to improve the organizing of new students into new groups during our Alpha Party (a week from tomorrow).  We needed to adjust it, but I wanted to the students to come up with the plan once they understood the bigger picture of our goal (to build a movement of multiplying disciples).

They also said how much they appreciated all this training, and how the Aussies already knew their needs before they showed up - there was no wasted time at the beginning.  They said that this group from overseas created the best project that they've ever had.  I mentioned that it all started with of our time in Australia last July (Lillian, Jasmine & myself) - how we connected with the Aussie leadership and had many talks about how they could help us the best.  Going last July was instumental to what happened these past 10 days!

Thanks for praying!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let us know what you think of what we just wrote.