Wednesday, February 26, 2014

PNG/Aussie Project - Day 22 (of 22): "Watch out Kaylynn, Here I come!"


I leave PNG today.  It's been a wild time, and I'm quite tired, but it's been very exciting seeing God work in the lives of the students and the staff.  I know this time with the Aussies will have long lasting effects!

I woke up this morning at 4:30 (my normal time, NZT 7:30), feeling very tired after going to bed late last night from the Alpha party - I got up that early because I wanted to make sure that I got everything ready before seeing the staff one last time before my flight home. 

Lillian had her first weekly New Staff Training seminar (on video) this morning with Eva, her trainer.  She went to Eva's house to sleep over last night so they could get an early start this morning.  When Lilly came, she said it went very well.  Please pray for her as she memorizes the Knowing God Personally booklet for next Monday.

With Elton & Lillian before going through Immigration.
Elton & I both had a local "Go go" drink (cola) - actually very good!
Elton came over to the guest house before Eva & Lilly arrived so that he could come to the airport with us.  It was good having him along.  When we got to the airport the line was way out the door - everyone had to have their luggage searched because their x-ray machine wasn't working.  They said to all non-passengers to let the passengers get in first (which didn't really make sense because it was only the passengers who had bags to search).  Anyway, Elton, pulling my suitcase slid in with me, but Lilly and Eva got stuck (and Lilly had my brooms).  After I checked in, Lillian saw a gap in the crowd and was able to come in, but Eva couldn't (she was on the phone at the time with her daughter who needed a ride somewhere).  But it was great having Elton & Lilly to be with me before my flight (I bought them lunch!).


Yahoo - I'm home!
This past week I bought 2 island brooms and wrapped them in brown paper, and hand carried them on both planes.  I had many strange looks and questions, but every security point let me through (especially at the x-ray as they could see it was only palm stems).  NZ Agriculture had a look at them and said no problem, so out I pop from Immigration waving my brooms in the air with excitement when I saw Kaylynn & Laurie.  It was almost 1 am for them, and really I appreciated them coming - it was great to see them both!  It's been a long time - 22 days - but I'm home now!

My heart is still stuck in PNG and I pray for the staff and students multiple times every day.  Thanks for praying with me!

So, this is me, Dan, signing off until mid April when I go back - thanks for following my blog and for helping to reach all of PNG for Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let us know what you think of what we just wrote.