Sunday, February 23, 2014

PNG/Aussie Project - Day 19 & 20 (of 22): "Catchup & Prep"

[Today is Saturday (22th) - with only 2 more days left in PNG]
[Sorry there's no Friday post :-/] 

For the past 2 days, I have been at the guest house and preparing Elton's materials for his DMPD (Discipleship Ministry Partner Development, Post Day 18).  There is a lot of material to put together and to make his Calling Folder (for everything he'll need when calling people) and his Appointment Folder (for everything he'll need for having appointments with people).  It's been fun and relaxing not leaving the guest house.
My very comfortable "desk"

I've also been sorting through action points that came up after the Aussie team left last Monday - things to talk with the students and staff (PNG missionaries) about (tomorrow and Monday).

So, I took this very exciting photo of me sitting at my "desk" :-)

One nice thing, since I have my own room and can go to bed early, Ive been getting up at 4:15 and having a lot of quite time, just Jesus & I - it's been wonderful.  And, I finally saw some Olympics!!  There are only a couple days left, but I finally caught them. They are on all night until 6 am, so I got about 1 1/2 hours for the last 2 days watching snowboarding, and a bit of Ice Hockey (when the Canadian ladies beat USA).

Tomorrow (Sunday) is a very busy day with 5-6 hours teaching Elton DMPD and then the Alpha Party at UPNG where we invite the first year students to come and learn more about Student Life.  There will definitely will be better pictures!

Thanks for praying!

1 comment:

  1. You've seen more Olympics than I have. I'm waiting for the phone call that says, "Dad's home and wants to watch ice skating. Come over." :-)

    ReplyDelete

Please let us know what you think of what we just wrote.