Monday, February 3, 2014

UPNG - Aussie Project - Day 1: "I don't believe it - it's going to happen!"

Last July, when I and 2 of our Papua New Guinea (PNG) staff ladies were in Australia, God gave us an idea that could help revolutionise our ministry in PNG.  An idea that will start in 2 days!

So, as I write this, I am bleary eyed from lack of sleep (I had about 2 hours sleep last night plus 2 cat-naps on the plane), but I'm still very excited!

I arrived here in Port Moresby this afternoon, after 8 hours of flying (& layovering), and I met with 3 of our staff to talk about the project coming up.  In 2 days, 7 Australians are coming up for 12 days to help our students (and our staff) to learn in a practical way how to disciple others.  In PNG, it's easy to talk to someone about Christ because people are genuinely willing to talk about spiritual things.  It's even easy to lead some follow-ups.  But it's very hard (mostly because it's not modeled) to disciple someone by spending time with them and helping them get to know God and step out and trust Him.  This is what we are hoping will happen.
Nathan, second from the left, is coming.

So, for the next 22 days, I will shed a bit of light on what I'm seeing so that you can join me in praising God for working mightily!

I'm including a photo of 5 Aussie university students who said (last July) that they want to come to PNG.  I don't know how many are coming, but I do know that Nathan (second from the left) is coming - in July, after our 2 staff girls spoke, he came up to me and said that he felt God calling him to come.
Jasmine & Lilly speaking to the Aussies (Jul-13)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let us know what you think of what we just wrote.