Sunday, February 9, 2014

PNG/Aussie Project - Day 6: "Adventure Park"

[This is Day 4 for the Aussies in PNG]

This morning before our quiet times together, us men did pushups (yesterday we did ab work)!  We were to do as many as possible in 5 minutes and were allowed to take breaks when we need to.  Most did 45 to 65, I did... 8!  I did 6 right away, and then I kept trying after that.  I'd go down and get stuck halfway up.  My brain would tell my body, "Hey, I'm in charge here - push!", but nothing would happen - until I fall on the floor :-(.  The good news is that I'll probably improve in 2 days :-)  But I am sore on my chest - on my head side of my shoulders (that's layman's talk for some sort of muscle) - and when I raise my arm to point at something, it starts to shake after 15 minutes!

We're still waiting for 2 of our girls to arrive, so we swapped our afternoon "adventure" time with our morning training, hoping that the 2 girls will have arrived by then and could join the training (one did!).  So God worked it our getting a bus on short notice and we all took off for the Adventure Park. 

The park had very nice grounds with lots of grass and a lake and a section of animals that can be found in PNG, a section of PNG birds, and a section of PNG indigenous orchids.  It was very nice, and we had a lot of fun together (that was the plan).

We ended up spending an extra hour and a half because the bus was very late - so about 8 of us sat on the ground (under a shade tree) and played a game called "Signs" where each person has a sign and they pass something imaginary from person to person using these signs.  Then someone was in the middle and had to catch this imaginary thing before it was handed off to someone else.  It was fun until I got caught with it and had to go int he middle  :-).

Here are some pictures of our time there:







When we got back we went right into training and then finished the training after dinner.  It was an exhausting day, but very rewarding.  the PNG students & staff are feeling very comfortable with their new Aussie friends and we had a lot of discussion that was generated by questions from the PNG students.  Here are more pictures (today is picture-heavy) of the PNGers with the Aussies.  Thanks for praying and for helping this to happen! [Please pray for my sleep - I've been getting 6 hours/night and after 6 days, I'm dragging a bit - thanks!]













3 comments:

  1. I like the picture of you on the bus! Lookin' good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I pointed at something for 15 minutes, my arm would start to shake too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, I meant 15 seconds :-)

    ReplyDelete

Please let us know what you think of what we just wrote.