Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Our Two Weeks of February in PNG Adventure: "The Only Thing!"

As a missionary, I think there's a temptation to fly into any situation with a feeling that I will "fix" the problems surrounding me.  Not only is this a bit ridiculous considering I have issues myself which aren't "fixed," but there's that pride of thinking I have the power.  This only leads to discouragement and defeat.

I keep having to realize that God has put me here to help the best I can, and then let Him be the God He is.  After all, He is the ultimate Rescuer.  The best thing, and sometimes the only thing I can do in certain situations is pray.  This is a highly under-rated thing which is sometimes relegated to the last resort.  Now THAT'S ridiculous!  What an honour to come before our great and loving God on behalf of someone I care about...and what a joy to wait with anticipation to see  what He will do.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let us know what you think of what we just wrote.