Sunday, February 28, 2016

Our Two Weeks of February in PNG Adventure: "That's Better!"

A special "thank you" to whoever is praying for us out there.  It makes a world of difference.

I woke up this morning with dread.  (OK, I'm not a morning person anyway.)  It's the day of our big Alpha Party where we introduce our Student Life Ministry to the new students on campus.  (Neither am I a big-event person...or even an adventurous girl.)

There's a lyric from a song I heard over 30 years ago that says, "It's so hard to see when my eyes are on me."  I keep realizing how powerless I am when circumstances seem out of control:  (People are sick, there's a chance that the venue is booked also by another party, a student leader found her mother on the floor this morning and took her to the hospital...) Days like today remind me that there really is a spiritual battle going on, but I just want to curl up in a ball and "sit this one out." 

I laid back down on my bed for a rest.  When I got up again, something had shifted in my mind.  This is God's ministry, not mine.  He's the One with power, not me.  He's the One with the plan and the ability to carry His children through and move them closer to Himself.  I remember now.  

Thank you for praying.  I think that's what I will do now, too...with joy and confidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let us know what you think of what we just wrote.