Monday, February 29, 2016

Our Two Weeks of February in PNG Adventure: "God's Eyes!"

I wonder what God sees during these big events that Student Life puts on.  I wonder whose hearts are being challenged and touched.  I wonder who the students are that will really grow and mature and offer themselves to be used by God to reach their world.

My eyes, on the other hand, see that not as many showed up as last year, we bought too much food, we were trying to roast hotdogs on a BBQ using plastic forks to turn them (The prongs get pretty dull once they are melted and curled up.), I wore the wrong kind of shoes for the mud that the rain made...

I wish I had my Father's eyes.  How did Jesus not get discouraged when looking at His disciples...or when looking at me?  

My favorite thing about being God's child is the absolute security of His love and acceptance of me.  I guess that's the best thing I can offer other people...His love and offer of forgiveness and acceptance.

Hey - Good news.  We got the venue, so we had a place for our big opening Student Life party.  (Two other groups thought they had this place, too.)  The students planned and ran the whole thing.  (Only a few balls were dropped here and there, but nothing major.)  We've made a beginning in 2016.

I wonder what God will do.


3 comments:

  1. I believe God will do awesome things since y'all are such open vessels who want to be useful to The Master. Love and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kaylynn, I LOVE the way you perceive things and are able to put them so beautifully on paper. I really enjoy your blog! Looking forward to seeing you. It's been a long time!

    ReplyDelete

Please let us know what you think of what we just wrote.