Tuesday, April 15, 2014

PNG Easter - Day 1 (of 11)

Good morning :-)   I woke up this morning (Monday 14th) at 2:45 to shower & catch my shuttle to the airport.  It's a killer way to start the day, but that's the only way to get to Papua New Guinea in 1 day.  I always start my trips tired, but this time I'm also excited.
My Selfie at the airport (I think some thought I was weird)

So why am I excited about this trip?
  • I saw 11 staff & students really get a good grip on what a movement looks like last February
  • I've been getting good reports that these staff & students have been putting into practice what they learned in February
  • This training conference over Easter (Friday to Sunday) is a chance for all students to take their personal ministry to the next level
  • These staff & students are FAT (Faithful, Available, & Teachable) - they're eager to learn & to grow, and that always refreshes me. 
I had a great time with Eva (staff) who picked me up and brought me to the guest house.  We talked for a good while.  And then Greg (staff) came over and we talked almost 2 hours!  Tomorrow I hope to see Lillian and Elton (our other 2 staff).

Please be praying:

  • That God will work mightily in the students' minds and enable them to understand and apply these ministry skills (Easter weekend)
  • That God will give me wisdom - I have 6 sessions to teach this weekend and a very large number of things I want to accomplish in the next 10 days 
  • That God will protect Kaylynn in NZ and give her His joy while I'm gone (& she's not).
Julie and little Isla Rain - 2 "little" gems!
Oh: And praise God for little baby Isla Rain Morris, born Friday and entrusted by God to Julie (our daughter) & her husband Jordan!  [8 lb 14 oz and 22 1/2 inches long].  God brought her into the world before I left so that I could see her - I appreciated that more than I thought I would!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your new grandbaby. Isla and our granddaughter, Aria were born the same day! How fun! They are precious!

    ReplyDelete

Please let us know what you think of what we just wrote.