Saturday, April 19, 2014

PNG Easter - Day 6 (of 11) - Saturday

Witnessing on Ela Beach!
Witnessing on Ela Beach!
This morning, after morning worship and devotions, we had one session and then walked down to the beach to share Christ with people.  It was cool seeing 55 people wearing the same maroon shirts walking down to the beach (5 minute walk).  This is a holiday weekend, so there were more people at the beach to talk to than usual. 

Daniel (and myself behind him) sharing with the old man on the ground
I went down with a guy named Daniel (nice name) and he wanted me to go first so that he could watch before he tried.  I shared with a guy named Jerry who wasn't sure if he was a Christian, but wanted to make sure (so he is one now)! 

Daniel sharing with the group afterwrds

Daniel shared with an old man (see red circle in photo) who only answered "yes" to all his non-yes/no questions.  It was frustrating for Daniel, but he said, "I was afraid before and I didn't know what to say, but now I'm okay and want to share some more"!

Two UPNG students waiting for lunch!
I don't know how many new people come into God's kingdom, but I'll let you know tomorrow (our last conference day).  God was kind and led us to them - it was great!

Practicing leading a Bible Study!




The last session of the day was a practicum for the students in my "Leading a Core Group" session - they paired up and each took a portion of a lesson to teach to the other.  They did very well, it was exciting to see them practicing leading a Bible study!

After we finished, I went to the mall to have dinner with Elton, our newest staff member.  He had to work today so he missed the sharing time :-(  I has a great time with him and we worked our many things (it's complicated when he's working until he finds enough ministry partners, but can't find ministry partners because he's working).

Then, on my way home from the mall, I started talking with the taxi driver and he stayed after he dropped me off at the missionary guest house while I shared the Gospel with him.  It was amazing - one of those times when the person you talk to understands everything and eagerly wants to know God!  So we have another new brother in the kingdom!  I had gotten out of the taxi and was sharing with him through his driver's window (while my backside was getting a bit wet from the rain).  Afterwards, when I asked him why God should let him into heaven, he said, "because Jesus paid for me and lives in me!" [Then I find out that Elton also shared with his driver and he was very attentive but wanted to think about it for a while].

Thanks for praying for our conference and for our staff & students!  I'm tired - and it will be 5 hours of sleep tonight  :-/

2 comments:

  1. Happy Easter, honey! Yahoo...you're doing great and comin, down the homestretch!

    ReplyDelete

Please let us know what you think of what we just wrote.