Wednesday, April 16, 2014

PNG Easter - Day 2 (of 11)

This morning I (Dan) woke up at 2:30 am (4:30 am NZ time) - I had set my clock wrong last night :-).  I figured it out, which was pretty good for my brain which doesn't work very well for the first 2 hours of every day :-).

At 9am, Eva and I went down town to the  Grand Papua Hotel to confirm our booking for this weekend.  Everything looks good.  We have found that this is such a treat for the University students and because it is, they come with a mindset to learn (they're not distracted by everyday things).

We had a wonderful island rain today from about 3:30 pm - we had a fun chat over dinner at the guest house, talking about how people don't change their direction or speed when it rains, because it's no big deal to get wet (we dry off quickly here).  And it gave me a good transition into bragging about my new granddaughter (Isla Rain Morris) - I try not to brag, but I can't help it :-).

Lillian came over earlier and I gave her new computer to her.  She's feeling much better - thanks for praying!

Yikes: They call PNG the "Land of the Unexpected", and that's what happened again.  Elton has been accepted as a staff form our ministry, but he can't find his ministry partners to support him financially until he goes through training (for the right attitude and plan).  So the plan was for him to take 2 weeks off from work and we'd do the training for the 2 weeks after Easter.  But I find out yesterday that his company won't give him the time off.  Usually the training is 12 hours/day, and to compress it, puts lots of pressure on everyone which is not conducive to learning.  So we have a big problem.  We'll still do the training when we can... but can you please join me in praying that his company will change their mind and give him the time off?  Thanks so much!

Dan

[I'll try to get pictures for tomorrow].

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let us know what you think of what we just wrote.