Monday, April 21, 2014

PNG Easter - Day 7 (of 11) - Happy Easter!!! Jesus is alive :-)

Happy Easter everyone!  Jesus is alive... and so are we :-)

I had arranged for Jack, the taxi driver who gave his heart to Christ yesterday, to come pick us up this morning & take us to the conference.  It was good to see him!  He was all dressed with a necktie and jacket and we going to go to church later that morning.  After we got out I paid him something (he didn't say how much he wanted - taxi drivers always say what they want), and we shook hands for a little longer than normal and he gave me a rich, deep, smile - that proved to me that Jesus had indeed come into his life!

Jack also drove us back from the hotel at about 5 pm and I gave him a book with 5 follow up lessons in it and he was very excited.  He'll come tomorrow and drive Don & I around to look for an apartment or a house to rent near campus (please pray that that will be a productive time - thanks).

I was able to give a vision talk.  This is a first for me of trying to paint a picture of what I see the future look like and how we can get there.  I think it went well (I was constantly praying for wisdom) and afterwards one of the PNG staff said that it was very encouraging and it sounded like what George (former director) used to do - a great compliment!

This is what happened yesterday, Saturday (not counting Jack): 37 of us went out to talk to people and to share the Gospel with them.  We were able to talk to 108 people about spiritual things, and to go though the complete Gospel with 89 of them... 67 of these prayed to receive Christ!

Also, here are a few comments from the evaluations (I'll give more comments tomorrow):
  • "The witnessing time at Ela beach helped me... because I was really talking to a stranger for the first time sharing the Word of God - this really motivates me!"
  • "I felt the doors of witnessing Christ for the first time has opened and it will never stop!"
  • What was most helpful: "Especially the practical part down at the Ela beach was so amazing and very encouraging!"
  • This training "taught me how to relate the Gospel to the people on this Earth despite who they are and whatever background they come from."
Here are a few pictures of the students waiting for the "bus" to come at the end of the day:


Out the hotel window - Elton by gate with arms up getting shot


1 comment:

  1. Glad your talk went well! (I recruited a couple guys to pray for you...) Good man, getting statistics!

    ReplyDelete

Please let us know what you think of what we just wrote.