Monday, April 28, 2014

PNG Easter - Day 11 of 11 - Going home!


I returned home today - 8 hours from takeoff in Port Moresby to landing in Auckland (with short layover in Brisbane).  It was great to see Kaylynn & Laurie at the airport (at midnight)!

Students at UPNG in discipleship groups.


As I look over my time these last 11 days, I am very encouraged!  I believe that the students involved in our movement are serious and want to be taught how to disciple others.  The student leaders are stepping up and taking responsibility.  And our staff are walking by faith and trusting God for big things!  I am excited to see what God will be doing this year!  Thanks for helping to make this possible :-).

An "adventure" on the way to the airport: I spent the morning with Elton and Lillian during their training to find ministry partners and was waiting for Eva to pick me up to go to the airport.  I wanted to leave at about 11 am.  At 11:15 she said she was still stuck in the bank, so I decided to call Jack, the taxi driver who came to Christ on Saturday.  I couldn't get through to him so I called another taxi, but 10 minutes later, jack texted saying he could come now - so I called and cancelled my previous taxi and told him to come. 



Peter & Elton as I left

He came by around 11:45 in his boss's pickup truck (he didn't have his car) and we took off to the airport.  We were almost there when we're going slow past some construction when the driver yelled real loud, slammed on the brakes and jumped out.  I had no idea what was happening, but when I turned around, I noticed that my suitcase was missing (someone had taken out of the truck).  Well, for once I was glad that it was heavy (22 kg, 48 lb) because when the driver chased the guy down the street, the guy dropped it.  If the guy would have grabbed my carry on, he would have had my passport, my money and my computer :-(  We shouldn't have put them in the back.  The interesting thing about this was that it happened right outside a police station.  Anyway, I'm glad to have friends who drive taxis :-)

I spent the hour after I checked in with Eva at the cafe in the airport - a great visit and time for "final remarks".

Finally, here is a video that was made at the end of our 3-day Easter conference.  Thank you so much for praying for Papua New Guinea!


(sorry for the delay - it took me a while to get this to post)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let us know what you think of what we just wrote.