Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Pacific Propulsion Aussie Project - Day 15 "4 July 2013 - A glimpse into God's orchestration!"

Today we went to the bank to add Lillian & Elton to our account (we've been trying to get this through since August).  We spent 2 hours and we have to go back again tomorrow - so it's not very exciting to write about.  Instead, I'll write about: July 2013

I went to Australia with 2 of our PNG missionaries, Lillian & Jasmine.  They were part of a showcase of the 4 parts of the world where Campus Crusade for Christ, Australia were involved (we were the new comers).  On the main mission night, the 2 girls spoke for about 10 minutes and at the end of the evening we had coffee for anyone who wanted to visit with us.  On 4 July 2013, I wrote in my blog, "Tonight Jasmine & Lily gave their presentation to 400+ people - they girls did great, I'm so proud of them - Lily shared a story & our need in Tok Pisin (pidgin), and Jasmine interpreted into English. We were praying that God will call many staff & students to come help us in PNG (& that they all will hear & obey His call) - we had 15-17 people come by and at least 7 of them say that they're coming in Feb" (you can find the post by date to the right).  There were 5 students that came up to us that night and said that while Lillian & Jasmine were speaking, they felt God calling them to come to PNG.  I was excited, but skeptical that any of them would actually show up (good intentions don't always become reality).  These are the 5 (I took a picture so I could pray for them).
L-R:  Brendon,  Nathan,  Dewey,  Shei,  Heidi

Well, last February, during our first Pacific Propulsion project, I discovered that 3 of these students in the photo (Nathan, Shei & Heidi) were with the group that came (see my post on 3 Feb 2014, even though I didn't know how many were coming).  Well, I was very excited - 3 out of 5 was good, I thought.

But God was showing me that He still does call and that He is in control and that He is working in PNG.  A couple of days ago, I looked at this photo again, and to my surprise, I saw that Brendon and Dewey from that photo were on this year's Pacific Propulsion team!!  What a shock - ALL 5 students who said that they felt God was calling them here, actually came: 5 out of 5!  Both Brendon and Dewey wanted to come last year, but couldn't make it.  I admire their commitment!
Dewey & Brendon after I showed them the picture I took in Jul-13
Thank you Brendon & Dewey for coming!

Thanks for praying, God is working!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let us know what you think of what we just wrote.