Thursday, February 19, 2015

Pacific Propulsion Aussie Project - Day 17 "Meeting great people at the airport"

Today, in 3 different airports, I met some very special people - listed below in chronological order, not in order of importance :-) 

3: PNG Missionaries in Port Moresby
Before going to the airport this morning at 11:30, Elton, Lillian and Greg and I met together to go over anything they wanted to talk about.  After I checked in, we walked over to the domestic terminal to get something to eat (the food outlets at the International terminal were closed due to renovations).  It was a good time together.  I enjoy being with them so much - and watching God use them thrills my heart!
Elton, Greg, & Lillian outside the Port Moresby airport.
2: Danika & Emily in Brisbane
I had 1:45 between flights in Brisbane.  My plan was to run off the plane when I got there, zip through Immigration (I had a visa through July 2015), and visit Danika and meet Emily, the 2 girls who are coming to PNG for a year in March.  BUT, I didn't realize that my visa was tied to my old passport and my new passport had no visa linked to it.  So... I had to settle for talking to them on the phone with them above me looking down through the glass. 
Emily and Danika, in the Brisbane Airport! 
But it was a great conversation for about 30 minutes (even though my neck got stiff).  We talked about their visas, how the PNG missionaries are doing, what's happening there in the next 4 weeks, etc.   I asked Emily how long she's had a leaning towards Papua New Guinea, and she said since she was little.  We talked about the many things that God was doing in different people's lives as He was leading them to come - it was so exciting that I almost missed my flight (they had to call "Daniel Mills" twice on the loud speakers).  The next time I see them will be in Port Moresby!

1: Kaylynn in Auckland
And of course, Kaylynn, my lovely wife who left the house 15 minutes after midnight and risked getting lost as she drove herself to the Auckland airport (through road construction and a detour) to pick me up.  She's a gem - I think I'll keep her!  :-)
My best friend whom I haven't seen in 17 days!
Thanks so much for praying for this time in PNG.  I am blown away by all that God is doing, and I count it a privilege to be close enough to watch.  He is good, and He loves those in Papua New Guinea way more than any of us!

[The next post will be on the 15th of March when I return to Papua New Guinea].

1 comment:

  1. Dan - So great to read and see all that has been accomplished these past few weeks. Thanks so much for posting!

    ReplyDelete

Please let us know what you think of what we just wrote.