Tuesday, May 2, 2017

PNG May visit, Days 1-2: "Humble Pie in the Eye!"

It's pretty much a day of adventure getting to Papua New Guinea.  After about 3 hours sleep, Dan and I caught an airport shuttle at 3:30 a.m. and began the trek to Australia, then on to PNG.  You know you're getting old when on the plane you both look like bobble-headed dolls, napping to the beat of some silent drummer.  By the time we arrive at the guest house, we're not much good for anything but...maybe another nap?

I told Dan I'd be fine the next morning.  I just needed a good night's sleep.

I awoke with one of my eyes swollen and itchy.  The eyelid seemed to be the affected area, not the eye itself.  I think some cheeky mosquito bit my eyelid!  I looked like I got socked in the eye...and no, I'm not including a picture here.

After being upright and taking an antihistamine, the swelling localized a bit, but still...I looked funny.  What a way to meet people whom I haven't seen in a while.  Oh well.

Notice Tanya's necklace!
We had a meeting with our staff in the morning, and then went on campus and met some of the students in the afternoon.  There's quite a buzz of excitement about the Fiji Student Conference coming up in June.  Students are raising money for their airfares, filled with faith. Please God, let them go! 

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let us know what you think of what we just wrote.