Thursday, January 17, 2013

Fiji Day 14: Sweaty Palms!

Today we stood up and delivered our "Launch" in front of our small group.  (The Launch in just another word for introduction of our 20 minute talk we're to give tomorrow.) It was suppose to be memorized, 3 minutes, and hook our listeners to want to hear more. 



The TA assigned the first person to go up and speak. Then, when done, the speaker gets to choose who speaks next.  This is one of those situations where you truly don't mind getting picked last...which I was.  However, by the time I went up I had been sitting there being nervous for a long time.  My palms were sweaty...but I got through all right, sat down, and received good feedback and suggestions for improvement, to the accompaniment to my quivering body!


An unexpected classmate!
 


7 comments:

  1. We hope everyone read this correctly - it was our launch that we delivered to our small group after standing up, not our lunch :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man that's a wicked looking centapeed!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an intense week for you guys - perhaps milkshakes after the presentations are called for? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh and I hope you know how enjoyable this blog is - I don't always comment because I have trouble remembering my password (no auto-memory on my ph!) but it sure helps make night feeds go faster :-) Caleb loves seeing the photos too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and blogger, your please-prove-you're-not-a-robot are getting to be ridiculously hard - I keep failing!

      Delete
    2. Oh, yahoo! I'm with you during night feeds...good to picture when I'm writing...kinda like chatting at a slumber party!

      Delete
  5. Yea verily to all the things Rachel said. Except I usually read the blog in the evenings because I can't wait until night. :-P

    ReplyDelete

Please let us know what you think of what we just wrote.