Friday, January 11, 2013

Fiji Day 8: What I didn't know before!


Things have changed since I’ve last written an academic paper.

Things I didn’t know before:

 I didn’t know I could access a bible commentary on line by googling my verse.

 ...that I can change the length of my paper by the font I use.

...that I can’t write a paper any more without the help of a techy.  I can’t even remember how to access my previous worksheets, let alone set up my paper in outline form.  Just getting all my sentences to be the same colour has proven to be a challenge...not to mention margins, etc.

I am now not  motivated by a grade as much as gaining the knowledge...although I still want to beat Dan.

 I’m NOT motivated by technology. (OK, maybe I knew this one before.  TeeHee)


 However...My paper is turned in.  (Oops, I mean: emailed in an attachment.)
 

After class today the PNG staff went to the Ludwigs house for ice cream and a visit.  The Ludwigs are getting ready to move back to Guam in a few months, to start the ministry back up on the uni campus there.  (The girls are planning to get a puppy after they move.  Sound familiar?)

6 comments:

  1. Yay! Well done on getting your assignment finished! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't finishing a nice feeling??? =) Yay! I'm so glad the Ludwigs get to go back to Guam and start up ministry again! That's so exciting! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, Kaleb (suddenly not sure how to spell his name) hasn't aged a day in 22 years!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Caleb is spelled like your Caleb, Nathan (only pronounced like with an "ah" for the "a"). I agree, he has always looked young like this. He was calling himself a young man the other day, but he's not too many years behind me (well, maybe about 7 or 8). I'm also excited for his kids to become more Micronesian! It was about 10 or 11 years ago that we (Wes & I) "asked" he & Rose to come to Fiji for a "couple years" - "couple" has stretched way too far in this case :-).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job Kaylynn... another great techie website for writing papers is easybib.com. It will create your bibliography for you with correct punctuation. I learned this from my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cindy! I need all the help I can get!

      Delete

Please let us know what you think of what we just wrote.