Friday, January 18, 2013

Fiji Day 15: "Igor!"

This was D-Day!  The day we give our 20 minute talks, timed talks, hitting all the marks of what those talks should contain.

I awoke with a stiff neck.  I couldn't turn my head to the right.  I got up and got dressed, took some Nurafen, etc...then laid back down because I didn't feel so good.  When it was time to move, I couldn't get up, because to get up you need your neck muscles to lift your head.  I started giggling, then laughing, then laughing so hard I was crying.  While I was presently like a turtle on its back, I was imagining walking up to give my talk.  What if my knee locked as well?...I'd look like Igor:  One shoulder up, dragging my opposite leg!

When it was my turn, I was so nervous that I couldn't remember how to begin.  Then I looked at my notes and saw that the beginning was a story.  What a relief, I knew the story, and that got me into the talk and took me to the end.  I was done!  19 minutes, 55 seconds!

We were so tired, we just came home...without our celebritory milkshakes.  (But tomorrow's a new day that needs ice cream!)

Our small group with Cole, our TA
Whole Bib. Comm. class

Tired students
Sleepless nights to finish assignments





2 comments:

  1. congratulations! You as Igor... I can almost see it!
    Hugs-- jf

    ReplyDelete

Please let us know what you think of what we just wrote.