Thursday, January 10, 2013

Fiji Day 7: School!

I must admit, Dan has been getting better grades than me in our Biblical Interpretation class homework.  HOWEVER, today we both got the same grade!  Look out, Dan Mills, I'm comin' through!

I am loving how this class is presented.  (I think Nathan would love it, too!)  The class could choose from 2 biblical narratives, so Dan is studying Luke 5: 1-11, and I took the one from 2 Samuel 9.  Part of the analysis is to look at our story as if we had a camera on our shoulder.  Each time there's a change in time, or character, or action, we were to note it.  Then we looked for the setting, the rising tension, the climax, the resolution, and the following action...always looking at both what the passage has to say about the falleness of man, and God's redemptive solution.  My passage deals a lot with the kindness of God...which is a very refreshing thing to concentrate on!

Working on our papers
Our big papers are due Saturday morning.  Both Dan and I were assigned the best teacher aide for our study group, so we feel pretty confident with all the help he's given us.  (Although that confidence wavers from time to time.)

Everyone at our house is studying hard, and we all just shared a big tub of ice cream for a break...YUM!
 

2 comments:

Please let us know what you think of what we just wrote.