Sunday, January 18, 2015

Fiji Regional Conference - Day 10: " The Longest Day!"

Daylight savings for Fiji.  The sun woke us up at the same time, but it was an hour earlier.  This is our last day of reprieve before our seminary classes start tomorrow.

Have you ever experienced driving towards a mountain and you never seem to get any closer?  That's how I felt reading my assigned chapter in my textbook.  I kept looking to see if I was close to the end of the chapter, but there always seemed many pages still to go.  Fortunately, it's very interesting...I just never have been good at reading things quickly for information.  (I was an art major, what can I say?)

In the afternoon Lillian and Elton and Dan Skype-chatted with Australia.  The guy in Australia wanted to record an interview to play at the Australian Student Conference this week.  They partner with us in Papua New Guinea by sending staff and students over for short projects.  This year they're not only sending students and staff for a week-long project, but two girls to spend the year with our staff and students!

Tonight we just returned from a group banquet where we met our professors for tomorrow.  It turns out that Dan is the TA (teacher's assistant) for my class.  I guess I better be extra nice to him this week.
This is a picture of Dan earlier today.  The bunkbed makes sitting on his bed a little bit scrunchy!  Enjoy his Lazy-boy chair while you can, kids, 'cause when he comes home I bet he'll head straight for it!

I don't feel like I've done much today, personally, and it's not even bedtime yet...but I heading for my pillow.  I feel zonked, and I need to be fresh for my class tomorrow.  (My teacher is the age of my son.  I'd hate to embarrass myself by taking a "Nana-nap" right is the middle of his lecture!)

2 comments:

  1. I can't read very quickly for information either, and I was a Psychology major. Does being nice to your TA include putting sleeping pictures of him on the Internet? :-)

    ReplyDelete

Please let us know what you think of what we just wrote.