Saturday, January 17, 2015

Fiji Regional Conference - Day 9: "Day of Two Halves!"

Saturday morning.  After hand-washing a few items and hanging them up around our room and outside, Lily, Dan, and I left for an adventure in the city.  We visited a wholesalers, various shops, the handicraft market, then ended with McDonalds.  There's something so comforting about tasting the dill pickle and American ketchup in a cheeseburger when you're in a foreign country surrounded by the unfamiliar.  Best purchase of the day (aside from the cheeseburger):  a hand fan.  (I forgot mine in New Zealand!)  It was so still and humid and hot all morning...then Dan bought me the fan from the handicraft market.  What a nice guy!  Sweet relief!


We came home after lunch and immediately the thunder storm came.  It's now after 7pm and while the rain is just a mist now, the thunder is still rumbling.  I really enjoy being inside and safe, but with the windows wide open to catch the breeze and boom of the thunder.  I guess it's kinda like walking with God.  He's so powerful and mighty, but I'm safe.

2 comments:

  1. I thought I'd send you through a note from the kids.
    Caleb says "I love them so much because I like them. I went on a train last night. The train was full of people and things. I held onto those things on the train. Also I like when they play with me with toys."
    Donna says "No" - she's in one of those moods! :P

    ReplyDelete

Please let us know what you think of what we just wrote.