Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Fiji Regional Conference - Day 5: "Miss Fiji"

Tonight was awards night and new staff dedication.  It was a wonderful time of celebration and worship and thanksgiving.  But...one of the eyebrow-lifting, smile producing facts is that "Miss Fiji" is one of our new staff.

I came across a group of giggling, texting hotels workers.  When I commented to them that they were having too much fun, they told me they'd just seen Miss Fiji was a part of our group.
Elton & Noni




Greg & Noni
After the dedication, Noni put on her crown and good-naturedly posed with our staff.  (I think Elton got his picture taken with Noni on a couple of different occasions!)  The heart-warming thing is that right after the picture with Miss Fiji, the PNG staff wanted a picture with us.   I told Elton I didn't have a crown, but he said I had a different kind of crown.  (I wonder if he was referring to my gray hair!)













No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let us know what you think of what we just wrote.