Saturday, January 24, 2015

Fiji Regional Conference - Day 15: "The End of Class #1!"

I've spent a week cramming information into my little head.  It's pretty full.  Now was the time to write my own personal doctrinal statement about what I believe about Man, Christ, and Salvation.  Oh my!

The good news is that this class has made me think about issues more thoroughly than I ever have.  It's helped me think through true things about man's inherent dignity because he was made in God image, about our desperate need for God's grace, about what it means that Jesus was both fully man and fully God, about all that happens at the moment of salvation.

More good news is that this class is designed to always help you think through the practical  outworking of what you believe in your own life and as you minister to others.

Another wonderful thing is that we started each class with a hymn.  (And islanders can really sing beautifully!)

Another wonderful thing is that we had small group quizzes.  Therefore, we could pool our aquired knowlege and draw from a deeper pond than my own poor brain puddle.  (Our teacher said that theology was meant to be discussed in groups.)

After writing my final paper, I think I used up all my brain capacity...wrung it out, so to speak.  Well, I guess I should say, "As an intigrated whole of body, mind, will, and emotion, this human (who was created in God's image, now bearing a sin nature, but by God's grace, His forgiven and justified child) is...SPENT!"
My class photo!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let us know what you think of what we just wrote.