Saturday, March 9, 2019

Twelve Days of PNG - Day 3: "Sweet Meets!"


It seems odd that this introvert should find meeting up with people so fascinating.  I think it has something to do with the variety of people and seeing how God is working.


We had lunch with Beautlyn.  Because her dad is sick and is asking for her, and her mom needs help with him, Beautlyn will change her status to associate staff next month just for a time. But she will be kept in the loop and rejoin us full time when she is able.  She has such a big heart and a clear eye on following Jesus.  It'll be interesting to see how God will use her as she goes down this new road.  (It reminded me of when Dan was in pain for two years in the States before coming to New Zealand.  God used that time to build into his character.)
In the afternoon we had a meeting with staff and a few students on campus outside the chapel.  This involved me sitting on the ground.  (With my knees, it's a comical picture getting up and down!) As we planned the event inviting all the new students to find out about our ministry, I wondered what the year had in store...and what was God's plan for some of these new students.  Would they discover a relationship with Him?  Would they discover the wonder of following Him with all their heart?  (It reminded me of when I was a student and how I could never have dreamed of where following Him would take me.)

At dinner we talked with the woman running our guest house.  We found out she is in the middle of writing a couple of musicals and is entering one of them in a competition in Australia (where she is from.)  It's about the "flying doctor," who started a medical mission to reach people who were so remote in Australia that they couldn't get medical care back in the day.  Who'd imagine I meet such a person in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let us know what you think of what we just wrote.