Monday, March 11, 2019

Twelve Days of PNG - Day 5: "Big Footprints!"

It's hard to go to church here without sticking out a bit.  We're just so blindingly white.  Luckily, we arrived after church had already started and they already had a PNG speaker lined up who had just written a book, so we weren't asked to speak.  (Even so, someone came up to us afterwards and apologized that he tried, but couldn't get us up front this Sunday.)  The songs were all unfamiliar and in another language, so I hope no one was offended that I didn't join in.  (Sticking out as we do, it's hard to go unnoticed.)  A dog roamed around, up front and under various seats.  The thing that ministered to me the most was watching another PNG mom there, with peace on her face, calmly singing songs to Jesus.  That's food for my soul.

It's easy to feel a little lost in another culture, never sure of exactly what to do.  I found myself praying that God would leave big footprints in the snow...that I could follow along to make walking a little easier in confusing situations.  Looking ahead at ministry, it's just a walk of faith, one step at a time.

Dan and Alex
In the afternoon we met up with Alex, an alumni that wants to be involved in discipleship.  I'm not sure how this will work out with his job situation, but ...one step at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let us know what you think of what we just wrote.