Thursday, March 14, 2019

Twelve Days of PNG - Day 9: Psalm 37

(Dan here) 

It's been very refreshing as Kaylynn & I meet as part of our PNG staff team every morning for devotions. We take turns leading and yesterday morning one of the girls led us through Psalm 37. It was a great time of reminding ourselves that as we Trust, Delight, and Commit ourselves to God, He is the one who will vindicate us - we don't have to promote ourselves: 6He will bring forth your righteousness as the light, and your justice as the noonday sun (the hot PNG sun). 

Our PNG ministry has a partnership with our ministry in Australia where they send missionaries and students from time to time to PNG to help our staff & students on campus.  I've been writing back and forth this week with the person in charge trying to sort out a few issues and we were having trouble understanding each other.  We also were hoping that they would be able to send a team to PNG in July (which we despirately need). 


So, yesterday afternoon we scheduled a Skype call with myself, this person, and the person who would lead the project in July.  While I was waiting for this call, I found myself stressing out a bit because of a few issues and was not really looking forward to the call (I was a bit fretful). 

While I was waiting, I read Psalm 37 again and the first words hit me in the face: "Fret not yourself..." - I was fretting. 

As I reread Psalm 37, God reminded me that this is His ministry and He'll bring the help we need either from Australia or from somewhere else. And He reminded me that He will use me as needed (any way He wants).  I confessed my fretfulness and focused on God who is in control. 

I then had a great call with these 2 Aussie men and we all understood each other and the partnership is still going on. 

And God has already been bringing male students to sign up to come on the project in July - we desperately need men, and God knew that and God has already been recruiting for us.

Here are the first few verses of Psalm 37:
1Fret not yourself because of evildoers... 
3Trust in the LORD, and do good; dwell in the land and befriend faithfulness.
4Delight yourself in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart.
5Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him, and he will act.
6He will bring forth your righteousness as the light, and your justice as the noonday.
7Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him; fret not yourself over the one who... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let us know what you think of what we just wrote.