Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Twelve Days of PNG - Day 8: "Be of Good Cheer!"

Have you ever noticed the Spirit of God uses choruses that you learned growing up or early in life to come back to your mind when you need them?

John 16:33 says, "These things I have spoken unto you that in me you might have peace.  In the world you will have tribulation, but be of good cheer, for I have overcome the world."  I can type this verse from memory because of a chorus someone taught me.  I read the verse this morning, and I'm still singing the song.

I like this verse because life is stressful.  It's a given.  I shouldn't be surprised by it...but mostly, I shouldn't be disheartened by it.  I can be cheerful if I'm looking at Jesus, knowing He's not stressed out and has it in control. Imagine what the world would look like if every Christian you knew was cheerful in spite of circumstances. Maybe if I sing this song enough I'll transform from an Eeyore to a Tigger!

1 comment:

  1. I love this Kaylynn! Thank you for the reminder. There is always Joy when we dwell in the Lord. Love you guys. 😊

    ReplyDelete

Please let us know what you think of what we just wrote.